Have we persuaded you to help in our efforts to protect our schools from these drastic cuts? If so, here are some things you can do:
- “Like” the MeckFUTURE Facebook page so you can find out quickly what is happening on this issue and how to make your voice head.
- Give us your email address so you can be a part of the larger conversation. There is a box on our home page where you can share your info.
- Contact your principal to learn how the budget cuts will affect your school. Which support staff will you lose? How many teacher positions are in jeopardy?
- Write a letter to your own County Commissioner and to the three at large Commissioners expressing your concerns about the cuts. Tell them about what the cuts will look like in your school and whether the prior cuts have already affected your community.
- Invite your neighbors, fellow school families, church friends and more to join you for a letter writing party. This can be a fun event like a play date at someone’s house; it can be a PTA meeting, a fellowship group or a dinner at a local restaurant. Invite folks to stay after school and play on the playground and then write letters. You can get letter templates and more on our site.
- Educate yourself about budget issues. We can share data such as the tiered budget worksheet and more.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions.